Candidate-veteran attacks Bush on Iraq
The Mott/w Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
2006-09-30 21:33:35 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060930/ap_on_go_co/democrats_iraq;_ylt=Atik9U1SN2g_IaXnmX0KhMas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

WASHINGTON - An Illinois congressional candidate who lost both her legs
during combat in Iraq said Saturday that President Bush has no
real strategy for securing the war-ravaged nation, just political talk
designed to appeal to voters.

"Instead of a plan or a strategy, we get shallow slogans like 'mission
accomplished' and 'stay the course,'" former Army Capt. Tammy Duckworth said
in the Democrats' weekly radio address. "Those slogans are calculated to win
an election. But they won't help us accomplish our mission in Iraq."

Duckworth's address served as a response to the president's weekly radio
talk and gave the Democratic Party a chance to showcase one of its strongest
candidates as it seeks to regain control of the House in November's
elections.

Duckworth, who copiloted a Black Hawk helicopter that crashed while under a
rocket grenade attack almost two years ago, also criticized Bush and others
in his administration for accusing anyone who challenges the president's
policies of "cutting and running."

"Well, I didn't cut and run, Mr. President. Like so many others, I proudly
fought and sacrificed," Duckworth said. "My helicopter was shot down long
after you proclaimed 'mission accomplished.'"

At a GOP fundraiser Thursday in Alabama, Bush said, "The party of FDR and
the party of Harry Truman has become the party of cut and run."

Duckworth is seeking the suburban Chicago seat being vacated by conservative
Republican Rep. Henry Hyde (news, bio, voting record). She is running
against Illinois state Sen. Peter Roskam, the man Hyde has endorsed.

In her address, Duckworth, now a major in the Illinois National Guard, also
lashed out at the GOP-led Congress for refusing to do its job of holding the
Bush administration accountable for its flawed Iraq policy.

"We need a Congress that will ask the tough questions and work together for
solutions rather than attacking the patriotism of those who disagree," she
said. "It is time to encourage Iraqi leaders to take control of their own
county and make the tough choices that will stop the civil war and stabilize
the country."

She offered no proposal for an immediate withdrawal or a timetable for
withdrawal.

____

Associated Press Writer Deanna Bellandi contributed to this story from
Illinois.
http://www.myspace.com/84384847
My Cousin Perkoff
2006-09-30 21:51:04 UTC
http://neSNIP
What does this have to do with TV shows no one is forcing us to watch
but we watch anyway so we can bitch about how bad it is on usenet?
abelincoln
2006-09-30 21:56:59 UTC
jesus fucking christ, this combat veteran who was severely wounded in
battle, what the fuck right does she have to criticize the goddamned
coward in chief...

if she doesn't look out, the cocksucking repugnant nazis will declare
her an enemy combatant and torture her until she says bush is the
greatest warrior ever...

and you're goddamned right, it would take a lot of torture for any one
to say that...

isn't it great when brave little girls tell bush and the nazis chicken
hawks what mother fucking liars and cowards they are...

this girl pissed on bush big time, the the mother fucking wimp knows he
deserves every fucking bit of it...

come on brave girl, piss on that mother fucking asshole again...
Eyeball Kid
2006-10-01 00:01:25 UTC
Post by The Mott/w Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
[...]
Duckworth needs a simple message: The American people no longer give a
damn what the President says.

E. K.
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

"I even take the position that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and
ought to be encouraged." Antonin Scalia, September 28, 2004

"The American Way of Life is not negotiable." Dick Cheney, 2001

"The American Way of Life is heading for extinction." Eyeball Kid, 2006

Free humor. Whenever you want. http://www.psmueller.com